Wednesday, March 15, 2017

2017 your selfish year? My rant for today...

New label/tag: "rants." So,...

"2017 will be my selfish year. My time will be invested on me."  I can't think of anything more vapid, inane, or just outright stupid.  Even though I'm a Gen-x'er I still do have at least one foot in the Millennial gen-mindset as well, having been born on the borderline.  But if this is how a generation to which I'm an older brother works then, well, "eff that."  I saw online probably the most stupid declaration of false autonomy that one could see (i.e. a Facebook cover image).

Wake up, because the world doesn't revolve around you - in fact - it's quite the opposite.  Add to the PC chit chat the noise of social media which feeds narcissistic tendencies; you think you are in control, but you're not.  You take for granted in the name of helping others what non-humans suffering occurs at your hands every day.

Get a clue.

There is more to the world than you feeding your narcissistic tendencies undercover. What outright selfishness. There is more to the world than running marathons or helping the unfortunate in a developing country *if* such is done on some "improving myself" campaign.  We are social beings, and the suffering of others continues.  Think of the other first, not yourself. What you do is in the name of yourself and not the other.  That is obvious.

Your behavior is nothing more than the narcissism of an introvert.


Gather, "I Hate Ayn Rand" - Lyrics:

'Individualism' is the mentality that you don't owe anyone anything. / "Don't tell me how to live my life and I won't tell you how to live yours" - Fuck that / Manifestation of living in a capitalist system / Everyone is just looking our for themselves / We shun and ignore the ones that need our help / But our actions affect everyone around us / And the choices we make have very real consequences / And the things you demand and the things you take for granted... / Convenience for you could be the result of another's life / Step out of your little world... And open your eyes and your hearts! / A luxury for you could be the result of another's suffering / Can you trace the origins of what you consume back to torture and abuse?/ Never stop questiong / The unexamined life is not worth living / This is not PC chit chat / This is what it is to be a human being / Taking shortcuts to happiness / will not bring you a lifetime of fulfillment