Monday, October 10, 2011

back to Pennsylvania

(Cherry Valley, autumn 2004 - PHOTO: After Nature)
Autumn is my favorite season, followed by winter.  October is my favorite month, followed by November.  I enjoy especially Halloween and Thanksgiving, as well as the colors of the leaves as they change.  Following autumn I enjoy the winter months of December and January.  Believe it or not, I do enjoy the snow!  Of course the holidays are nice as well.

These reflections begin because I am fortunate to have a few days off for fall break, where I'll be able to go back to Pennsylvania.  I'll be visiting Cherry Valley (where I grew up); visit my parents; and finally, the ultimate fall Poconos adventure: the Sciota Corn Maze.  This is now a yearly ritual for me: getting lost for hours in that darn maze.  It is a challenge, but alot of fun.  I also plan to enjoy the mountains as well as take alot of photos of the changing leaves (my favorite part of the Poconos during this season). 

Journeying back to the Poconos is always very romantic - and to add to my visit, I have the iPhone loaded up with '80s synthwave & early '90s college radio alternative: the Cure, Neds Atomic Dustbin, the Candy Skins, Posies, Pixies, Blur, James, Springhouse, Morrissey, and so on.  I can also recommend some newer music (note "newer" means probably at least a decade old): Third Eye Blind, Sun Kil Moon, Red House Painters, Chapterhouse, and Ride.  As well, I'd probably throw in some WXPN2 (Philly local indy, modern, and alternative - with lots of '80s alternative thrown in).  I think my favorite autumn band from these lists has to be, the Cure.