Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tracing Expression in Merleau-Ponty: Aesthetics, Philosophy of Biology, and Ontology

Interesting new book by Veronique Foti, HERE.  NDPR review HERE.

For me, Foti's book is timely.  There just aren't enough good books about Merleau-Ponty and the ontology of nature, even though, to me, that's the most interesting part of his philosophy.  It's something I've been thinking about for some time now, but back in March I had THIS to say.

Some of my former graduate students and I are considering adding a short month-long reading group in June/July to the Metaphysics of Animal Rights reading group that we'll be doing in August.  The new reading group would be called Dewey and Whitehead on the Philosophy of Organism.  But Merleau-Ponty would be an interesting figure to add to either reading group, actually.