Wednesday, September 25, 2013

some *more* reflections on lines of future research

In environmental philosophy I've been reading:

Ecologies of the Moving Image, Adrian Ivakhiv.  400+ pages, this will take me awhile.  Ecophilosophy in the tradition of Peirce, Whitehead, Deleuze, Bergson, James.

Dark Green Religion, Bron Taylor.  This is more of a popular philosophical book, but there's enough there that it can be used as a stepping stone to bigger things.  It is comparable to Griffin's Reenchantment without Supernaturalism, which is an entertaining but informative introduction to process thought and the question of God. This book serves the same purpose as an introduction to environmental thought and the question of God.  Pretty big read, so, this too will take me awhile.




I've been chipping away at the above and probably will do so until I'm done with them in the next month or two.