Monday, June 6, 2011

Caputo on Deleuze Reading Group: Post 3 of 7

Gilles Deleuze, Difference and Repetition, Ch. II "Repetition for Itself" (pp. 70-128) & Pure Immanence, Ch. III (Nietzsche).  First half of the audio lecture here

After Caputo discusses the creation of laws and the multiple contractions that constitute actualities, the class breaks, and as the students exit one student in particular remarks, "This reminds me alot about Peirce" and the discussion fades off into the background.  Interesting - would have loved to hear what Caputo thinks about that.  If only had that Peirce grad seminar been allowed to go through last term with less than seven students I think I would have been discussing Whitehead, Deleuze, and Peirce as my new triad (whereas before I used Heidegger, Schelling, and Peirce).