Saturday, January 25, 2020

Peirce and Heidegger in Dialogue

This is interesting: HERE.  I haven't seen something like this in quite some time; not at least since the "Possibility in Peirce and Heidegger: A Propaedeutic for Synthesis" David Jeremiah Higgins dissertation I accidentally discovered while writing my own dissertation. Higgins' dissertation (U of Missouri Columbia,1968) was the original impetus which prompted me to triangulate Schelling, Peirce, and Heidegger in the first place and proved to be a crucial document in my research. I highly recommend his dissertation for the like-minded scholar with an interest in the overlap or even union of American and Continental philosophy, or "Euro-American philosophy," as my old mentor Robert Corrington would put it. For now though, check out the aforementioned related link. Hopefully it will suffice until I can find Higgins' dissertation in .pdf.